Any accidental death that happens due to someone’s negligence is almost unbearable. Families are left without someone they love, and sometimes without their main source of income. The Portland Wrongful Death Lawyers at Savage Law Firm will compassionately assist survivors in filing a claim to help cover the financial obligations of their families.
Definition of a Wrongful Death
Three factors are critical in determining if you can file a wrongful death suit:
- Did the victim die as a direct result of the defendant’s actions or lack of actions?
- Was the defendant negligent in his or her actions?
- Are surviving family members or beneficiaries suffering monetarily or psychologically from the death of their loved one?
If the answer is “yes” to all three of these questions, then you most likely are eligible to file a claim.
Examples of Wrongful Death Claims
The following are a few examples of the causes for a lawsuit to be filed:
- Assault with a deadly weapon
- Domestic violence resulting in death
- Malfunctioning equipment
- Medical malpractice or negligence
- Car, truck or motorcycle accident
- Construction-site accident
- Fatal slip-and-fall due to negligent property owners
- Workplace accident
Our compassionate attorneys want to hear the details of your case to help you recover the financial losses incurred and monies for pain and suffering. The Wrongful Death Lawyers at our firm will aggressively represent you in trial, arbitration or mediation. Contact us today for a free consultation.