Workers’ Compensation Claims: 6 Mistakes to Avoid (Pt. 3)
October 15, 2014
Wrapping up our blog series Workers’ Compensation Claims: 6 Mistakes to Avoid, below we will point out some final things that people should avoid doing when it comes time to pursue workers’ compensation claims in Oregon.
Mistake 5 – Not appealing insurers’ denials of valid workers’ compensation claims.
Once an insurance provider for an employer has been notified that a worker has been injured on the job, that insurer will have 60 days (from the date of notification of the workplace injury) to rule on workers’ compensation claims. In other words, within 60 days, insurers will either:
- Accept workers’ compensation claims, in which case a Notice of Acceptance will be sent to the injured worker
- Deny workers’ compensation claims, in which case the insurer will notify the injured worker of the denial, as well as his options and rights for appealing this denial.
When denials have been issued, a common mistake is for injured workers to believe that these denials are valid and that this is the end of their claim. However, what these injured people should be aware of is that:
- Insurers often deny legitimate workers’ compensation claims for minor, fixable reasons.
- Challenging insurers by filing appeals will be critical in helping injured workers’ obtaining the benefits they may need and deserve.
- Appeals of denied workers’ compensation claims will have the best chances of success when people trust an experienced attorney to handle their case and stand up to insurers on their behalf.
Mistake 6 – Not calling the Savage Law Firm to oversee workers’ compensation claims.
Of all of the mistakes that can be made with workers’ compensation claims, one of the single biggest mistakes injured workers can make is not calling the trusted and experienced Portland workers’ compensation lawyers at the Savage Law Firm for help.
The fact is that, after workplace injuries, recovering to the extent possible should be injured people’s main focus and that dealing with a complicated workers’ compensation system can only compound injured people’s stresses.
By trusting the Savage Law Firm to represent them, injured workers can count on the fact that their workers’ compensation claims will be handled by experienced professionals who are dedicated to helping injured people obtain the full amount of benefits to which they are entitled.
Portland Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Have you been injured while working? If so, you can rely on the Portland workers’ compensation lawyers at the Savage Law Firm to help you. Since 1977, our attorneys have been devoted to providing each of our clients with personal attention, respect and the highest quality legal services.
At the Savage Law Firm, our commitment to meeting the highest professional standards of legal representation motivates us to consistently build our clients the strongest possible cases and to do whatever it takes to help them obtain the benefits they deserve.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page.
We represent clients in communities in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.