Sex Abuse Help in Seattle
Unfortunately, in today’s world, there are too many reports of sex abuse and Seattle is no exception. Whether you or someone you love has suffered from a single sexual assault or from ongoing sexual abuse, seeking help from a Seattle Sex Abuse Attorney can help you recover from the pain and suffering you have experienced.
When such an injustice happens, what should you do next?
Here’s what to Do Now:
- Seek medical help if you are injured or assaulted as quickly as possible. It is imperative to tell the medical staff what has happened so they can treat you effectively. If you were raped, the right treatment can help prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
- Confide in someone you know who is trustworthy. They can help you seek safety and break an unhealthy cycle. Talking to someone is one step towards healing.
- File a police report. Even if this is difficult for you, the person who has been abusive needs to be held accountable and prevented from hurting anyone else. If you were raped, charges must be pressed against the guilty party.
- If you are living with your abuser, start making plans to leave. Seek the help of a Seattle non-profit organization to develop a plan. Put important documents such as your birth certificate, social security card, insurance card, etc. in a file, and keep the file with you.
- Get counseling as soon as possible. You are not alone, and the sex abuse is not your fault. A qualified counselor can help you re-establish your self-esteem.
- Enlist the help of a Seattle Sex Abuse Attorney. The Savage Law Firm has the compassion to listen to your case and help you recoup a settlement you deserve.
Contact our team at Savage Law Firm today for a free consultation. Our team has the expertise in dealing with sex abuse cases. We understand how traumatic the circumstances are to retell, and we will work diligently to help you recover.