Truck Accident Lawsuit FAQs (Pt. 3)
February 18, 2015
Ending our blog series Truck Accident Lawsuit FAQs, below, we will respond to some more common questions about pursuing these types of personal injury cases.
More Important Info about Pursing a Truck Accident Lawsuit
Q: How long will it take to resolve my truck accident lawsuit?
A: Unfortunately, we can’t provide you with an immediate, clear-cut answer to this question without understanding the facts and details of your collision. Nevertheless, we can tell you that the following factors can end up complicating these cases and, in turn, causing them to take longer to resolve:
- Multiple negligent parties have been named as defendants in a truck accident lawsuit.
- A trucking company has been named as a defendant in a truck accident lawsuit.
- The lawsuit involves allegations of wrongful deaths and/or very severe injuries.
- Insurers’ bad faith practices have entered the picture.
Q: How soon do I need to file my truck accident lawsuit?
A: As soon as you can. In fact, there are strict time lines for filing a truck accident lawsuit in Oregon and Washington state and:
- These time lines are known as the statute of limitations for these cases.
- In Oregon, people will have two years from the date of their truck accident to file a case, and in Washington, they will have three years from the accident date to file a truck accident lawsuit.
- Waiting to file a case after the above-mentioned time frames have expired will usually mean that accident victims will lose out on their opportunity to obtain compensation from the negligent parties.
So, it’s strongly advised that you consult with an experienced truck accident lawyer – like those at the Savage Law Firm – as soon as possible after your accident. This will not only help you get your case started sooner (and, therefore, avoid running out the statute of limitations), but it can also help you:
- Build a stronger truck accident lawsuit, as more evidence and witnesses may be available sooner after the collision (as opposed to one or two years down the line)
- Obtain the compensation you need sooner.
Q: Do I need to retain a lawyer?
A: You do if you are serious the success of your case. The reality is that even legitimate cases can go nowhere when people don’t have an experienced attorney representing them, defending their rights and standing up to negligent parties. So, if you truly want your case to succeed, the best thing you can do is to retain a trusted Portland truck accident lawyer at the Savage Law Firm.
Portland Truck Accident Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Have you been hurt in a truck accident? Or have you lost a loved one to a fatal truck accident? If so, you can rely on the Portland truck accident attorneys at the Savage Law Firm for experienced help and aggressive legal advocacy.
At the Savage Law Firm, our commitment to meeting the highest professional standards of legal representation motivates us to consistently build our clients the strongest possible cases, be accessible to our clients at every stage of their case and do whatever it takes to help them obtain the best possible outcomes.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page. We represent clients in communities in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.