Sexual Abuse in Schools
Parents generally trust that, when they send their children off to school each morning, their kids will be in a safe environment. Tragically, however, this is not always the case, as child sexual predators can be the very teachers, coaches, principals or other education professionals with whom parents trust their kids. In fact, according to a study conducted by the Crimes Against Children Research Center:
- Children are most vulnerable to sexual abuse when they are 7 to 13 years.
- About 1 in 5 girls and about 1 in 20 boys is victimized by child sex abuse.
- Many instances of abuse are committed by adults that children know, including teachers, coaches and family members.
When a child has been sexually abused by a teacher or other school employee, the Portland school sex abuse lawyers at the Savage Law Firm want families to know that we are:
- Here to help them hold the abusers accountable for their heinous actions
- Dedicated to defending abuse survivors’ rights
- Committed to helping abuse survivors obtain both the justice and compensation they deserve.
Our Commitment to School Sex Abuse Survivors
At the Savage Law Firm, we know that it can be difficult and possibly even humiliating for abuse survivors to discuss what they have endured and to face the possibility of having to confront their abuser in court.
We also know, however, that shedding light on sex abusers who hold trusted positions in schools – where they have ongoing access to children – is crucial to not only stopping the cycle of abuse but also to helping abuse survivors:
- Hold the administrators, unions, school districts or others that may have harbored or protected known abusers accountable for their role in enabling the abusers
- Get the financial resources they may need to help them treat the physical and psychological damage that has been caused by the abuse
- Reclaim their lives and futures.
Portland Child Sex Abuse Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Since 1977, the Portland child sex abuse attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been dedicated to standing up for the rights of sexual abuse survivors and helping them stand up to their abusers both inside and outside of the courtroom. While we are committed to providing each of our clients with respect and the highest quality legal services, we are also experienced at helping them build the strongest possible cases so they can resolve these cases as favorably and efficiently as possible.
Although we understand that no amount of money can ever make up for sexual abuse, we also know that helping abuse survivors obtain compensation from their abusers can be crucial to their treatment and future.
Contact Our Portland Child Sex Abuse Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been sexually abused by a teacher, coach or other school employee, we encourage you to learn more about your rights and how we can help you by attending a free, no obligations initial consult.
Call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page. We represent clients in Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.