Were You a Victim of Sex Abuse or Assault?
- Sex Abuse and Crime Victims are often the “silent victims” in our society.
- 1 out of every 6 women will experience some form of sex abuse in their lifetime.
- Sex abuse causes serious lifelong mental, emotional and often physical disability.
- We have been successful in recovering substantial damages for sex abuse and crime victims in cases against public figures, sports personalities, private individuals, and state and local governments.
- Prosecutors in criminal cases do not fully understand the remedies available to crime and sex abuse victims.
If you were the victim of sexual abuse as a child, or the recent victim of assault, you are entitled to seek compensation for the physical and psychological injuries that have changed your life.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has issued a call to Big Tech to protect our children. End to end encryption can shield online predators from detection by law enforcement. Privacy at all costs is not worth it when our children’s safety is at stake.
The self-described pedophile, under a veil of online anonymity, reached out to his community for wisdom.
In a message posted last month to a chat forum hosted in a dark corner of the internet where images of exploited children are routinely shared, the author issued a call to action: a “pedo plan” for grooming and sexually abusing young girls this summer “while their parents will be at work.”
Child sexual abuse material is a global social epidemic and one that Canada is not immune to. Just last month the Ontario Provincial Police announced the takedown of a “big box store” of child pornography operating in the Greater Toronto area and supplying over 60,000 users in at least 116 countries.
While we all want to believe this doesn’t happen in our backyard, the reality is clear: the world has a child pornography problem and Canada is part of it.
Carol Hepburn traveled to London in July with a delegation from the Canadian Centre for Child Protection which included 8 survivors of child pornography crimes. The group met with heads and representatives of major child welfare agencies as well as a private meeting with the Minister of Safeguarding and senior staffers from the Home Office. The women told their stories and expressed their opinions about changes needed in the law including limiting end to end encryption so as not to tie the hands of law enforcement investigating child pornography offenses. This meeting occurred a few days before the 5 nation meeting of ministers and secretaries on issues of Cyber Security. UK Home Secretary Patel clearly understood the importance of their message as she states in this OP Ed.
–Restitution to child-porn victim a first in Manitoba
–Child pornography restitution ruling could lead to more for victims in Canada: child protection lawyer
–Hatch and Corwin: A lifeline for victims of child pornography
–Former Scout leader in Uxbridge, teacher’s aide in Northbridge sentenced to 12 years for child porn
–Global fight being waged on child sexual abuse imagery on the internet
–Judge delays sentencing for Eugene man who admitted federal child pornography crime
–Crown seeks 17 years, defence argues for 7 at Philip Chicoine child pornography hearing
–Broward lawyer owes child pornography victims $142,600, judge rules in growing national trend
– Breaking the silence, easing the anguish. Sisters violated as children by relative find strength, healing in effort to help others
– US Supreme Court to consider damages for child porn subjects: News Release July 27, 2013 -Supreme Court Child Porn Subjects Restitution
– Victim in Child Porn Videos Now Seeking Justice, Watch KING5.com Seattle.
– Victims of Child pornography Seek Restitution: Go to the page and download Victims of Child Pornography Seek Restitution-The Boston Globe
– Pricing Amy: Should Those Who Download Child Pornography Pay the Victims? Read the ABA Journal article.
– International working group seeks to identify the unique needs of child sexual abuse survivors in order to enhance recovery options and enhance the understanding of victims’ needs: Canadian Centre for Child Protection Rolls Out New Initiative to Support Child Sex Abuse Survivors
-Breaking the silence, easing the anguish
Sisters violated as children by relative – then victimized on the web over and over – find strength, healing in effort to help others
Winnipeg Free Press Article
Child Sex Abuse Victims
The Savage Law Firm in Portland, Oregon represents adults who were the victims of sex abuse, as well as families of children who have suffered sex abuse at the hands of a clergy, teacher, or another trusted adult in their life.
We have a successful record obtaining large settlements and jury awards against defendants that included:
- State governments
- Private employers
- Public figures
- Professional athletes
- Private individuals
- Probation and parole officers
- Victims of child pornography
We understand and appreciate the emotional, physical and psychological trauma that is involved in these cases. We work closely with medical and mental health professionals to discover evidence for our clients’ cases and to assist in their recovery. Often recovery is difficult, but we have the courage and determination to seek all appropriate legal remedies and give our clients the necessary strength and confidence to obtain the justice they deserve.
We have been successful in using laws such as the Violence Against Women Act to obtain substantial monetary damages in these cases. There may be various other state and federal laws that can be used in your case. We have the professional resources to conduct confidential investigations of defendants’ assets and property to determine the ability of money to satisfy a substantial judgment.
Victims of a Sex Crime
Most physical or sexual assault takes place on private property, including parking ramps and retail store parking lots. If you have suffered injuries from battery or sexual assault, or have lost a loved one in a homicide, you are entitled to seek damages from the owner of the property, including government entities that may be responsible for security of the public.
We are ready to help you recover compensation for physical and psychological injuries resulting from criminal acts such as:
- DWI accidents, vehicular assault
- Physical assault, battery
- Sexual assault, rape
- Child abuse
- Victims of child pornography
AV Rated* Lawyer ▪ Free Consultation
If you have questions about your case and would like to speak personally to attorney J. William, please contact us today. Assault causes more than just physical injuries.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Click here to read a recent article about sex abuse cases:
- Oct 28, 2014 – News Release – Jeanne Doherty Public Affairs Officer
- June 27, 2014 – Press Release – Matt Cartwright
- May 7, 2014 – Huffington Post – James R. Marsh
- May 6, 2014 – Washington Post – Editorial Board
To find more articles on sex abuse cases click here: Articles