PORTLAND BOATING INJURIES ATTORNEYS
More than 4,500 recreational boating accidents occurred in 2012 (the most recent year for which statistics are available), according to the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG). While more than 2 in every 3 of these accidents resulted in injuries, more than 650 people reportedly died as a result of boating accidents. These injuries and deaths most commonly occur as a result of collisions between watercraft, flooding of watercraft and collisions between watercraft and fixed objects, as the USCG has reported that these are the top three most common types of boating accidents that occur.
Unfortunately, like motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents are often caused by the negligence of some person or party, and when this is the case:
- Accident survivors will likely be entitled to compensation for their injuries, property damage, lost wages and other losses.
- Families who have lost a loved one in a fatal boating accident will also likely be entitled to compensation for their losses.
- The Portland boating injuries attorneys at the Savage Law Firm will be ready to fight for survivors and help them obtain the settlements they deserve.
When Negligence Causes Boating Accidents
Some of the most common forms of negligence that can contribute to boating accident injuries and fatalities include (but are not limited to):
- Operator intoxication – In fact, the USCG reports that intoxication is the leading cause of fatal boating injuries.
- Operator inexperience, which prevents operators from being able to recognize signs of potential dangers and/or respond to them appropriately
- Operator distraction or inattention, which increases the chances that operators will miss important visual cues like signage or signals from other watercraft
- Reckless operation of watercraft, the most common instance of which is speeding
- Boating equipment malfunction or failures, including steering system failures, engine defects, broken propellers, rudder failures, etc.
In such cases, boat operators, boat owners, boat equipment manufacturers and others can be held liable for compensating accident survivors.
Compensation for Boating Accident Injuries
Whether your boating accident happens on personal watercraft, a cruise ship, a charter boat or other watercraft, the Portland boating injuries lawyers at the Savage Law Firm are ready to help you obtain the maximum possible compensation for your injuries and losses. Some of the specific types of boating accident injuries we have a record of successfully building cases for include (but are not limited to):
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Nerve damage.
The Experienced Portland Boating Injuries Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
For more than three decades, the Portland boating injuries attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been devoted to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services. We realize how catastrophic a boating injuries can be on a physical, as well as a psychological and financial, level, and our lawyers are here to stand up for injured people’s rights to both justice and compensation.
Contact Us Today
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by boating accidents is one of our primary goals. Our Portland boating injuries attorneys welcome you to attend a free consultation to learn more about your rights and case. We represent clients in Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.
Call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle) to learn more about our superior legal services. You can also email us using the form on this page.