While pets can be loved and valued members of people’s families, in some cases, these animals may not be properly trained, contained or cared for, and this can cause them to hurt other people. In such cases:
- The owners of these animals can be liable for their negligence that contributed to other people’s injuries.
- People injured by these animals can obtain compensation for their medical bills, injuries, mental anguish and other losses.
- The Portland animal law attorneys at the Savage Law Firm will be here to advocate injured people’s rights and help them obtain the compensation to which they are entitled.
Since 1977, our Portland lawyers have been dedicated to working diligently both inside and outside of the courtroom in order to defend injured people’s rights and hold other parties liable for their negligence. Our ultimate goal is to help people who have been injured by animals obtain the compensation they deserve so they can focus on their recovery and future.
In Oregon, people who are bitten or attacked by dogs can be compensated for their injuries as long as it can be proven that:
- The dog owner knew or should have known about a dog’s dangerous or aggressive tendencies. While this can be established by proving that the dog has a history of biting other people in the past, it may also be proven if the dog has exhibited other threatening behaviors, like growling at people.
- The injured person in no way provoked the dog.
Our Portland dog bite attorneys are skilled at building dog bite victims the strongest possible cases, as we know what evidence needs to be brought to light in order to help them obtain the compensation they deserve.
When a person is injured by an aggressive or uncontained horse, that person will likely be entitled to compensation for his injuries and losses. At the Savage Law Firm, our lawyers know how to prove horse owners’ negligence in claims of horse injuries, and we are effective at going up against insurers and others in order to help our clients obtain the best possible resolutions to these cases.
Portland Animal Law Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
For more than three decades, the Portland personal injury attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been dedicated to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services. We are able to consistently provide such superior services by:
- Building our clients the strongest possible cases
- Being accessible to our clients at every stage of their case
- Doing whatever it takes to help them resolve their cases as efficiently and beneficially as possible.
Contact Us Today for a Free Professional Case Evaluation
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by animal injuries is one of our primary goals. Our Portland attorneys encourage you to learn more about your rights and case by setting up a free initial consult.
Call us today at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle) to learn more about our legal services and receive a free, no obligations case evaluation. You can also email us using the form on this page. We represent clients in Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.