NURSING HOME NEGLIGENCE
Beaverton Nursing Home Injury Attorney · Portland Elder Abuse Attorney
Residents and patients living in nursing homes in Oregon do not give up their civil rights. In fact, Oregon has a Nursing Home Patients’ Bill of Rights that protects your civil liberties to the same high standards enjoyed by other residents of Oregon.
As a patient or long-term resident in a nursing home in Oregon, you are entitled to:
- Full information regarding policies and services as they affect your health and well-being
- Full disclosure about your medical treatment and condition of health
- Refuse treatment options for your medical condition
- Advance notice of transfer to another facility or discharge
- Assistance from staff, management or your legal representative to exercise your rights
- A periodic accounting of your financial circumstances
- Safety from emotional and physical abuse and assault
- Assurance that your medical records will be handled confidentially by staff
- Treatment with consideration and respect for your full dignity as a human being
If you or a loved one has suffered emotional or physical injuries while recovering or residing at a nursing home in Portland, Oregon, or a nearby community, talk to an experienced Portland nursing home negligence attorney at the Savage Law Firm.
Contact us today to arrange a free case evaluation about your Portland nursing home abuse claim for yourself or on behalf of a loved one.