Hospitals and various other medical facilities are relying more and more on nurses these days to administer patient care. While many nurses are capable professionals who take their responsibilities for patient healthcare seriously, unfortunately, not all nurses are diligent, experienced or otherwise capable enough, which increases the risks that:
- They will make substantial mistakes.
- These mistakes will seriously injure patients.
- Patients may need additional, possibly long-term care to deal with the injuries caused by negligent nurses.
At the Savage Law Firm, our Portland nursing negligence attorneys know how devastating the impacts of this type of malpractice can be, and we are dedicated to helping injured patients:
- Hold negligent nurses accountable for their mistakes
- Build the strongest possible malpractice cases
- Secure the highest possible compensation for their injuries and losses so they can focus on their recovery.
Examples of Nursing Negligence
Although nursing negligence can come in many forms, some of the most common examples of this type of malpractice include:
- Nurses administering the wrong type or amounts of medication(s)
- Nurses failing to recognize, report and/or properly respond to signs of patient distress (or health complications)
- Nurses improperly using medical tools on patients
- Nurses leaving surgical tools in patients after surgery
- Nurses failing to sufficiently check in on patients or respond to calls for help
- Nurses misreading medical charts, reports and/or tests and, consequently, administering the wrong treatment(s).
Factors that can increase the chances that such instances of nursing negligence will occur can include (but are not limited to):
- Understaffing issues at medical facilities
- Inexperience or improper training for nurses
- Fatigue and/or nurses’ alcohol or drug addiction issues
- Lack of supplies or properly functioning equipment at medical facilities.
Portland Nursing Negligence Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been injured due to the mistakes that nurses have made, the Portland nursing negligence attorneys at the Savage Law Firm are here to defend your rights, stand up to corporate lawyers and insurers and ultimately help you obtain the compensation you deserve. For more than three decades, we have been devoted to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services, and we have been successfully helping them resolve their cases as favorably as possible.
When injured patients trust us to handle their malpractice cases, they can rest assured that our experienced attorneys will work relentlessly to help them obtain compensation for their:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment costs
- Lost wages and future inabilities to work (when applicable)
- Mental anguish
- Other losses.
Contact Our Portland Malpractice Attorneys Today
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by nurses’ mistakes or any type of malpractice is one of our primary goals. Our Portland malpractice attorneys encourage you to learn more about your rights and case by setting up a free, no obligations initial consult.
To learn more about our superior legal services and how we can help you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page. We represent clients in Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.