Portland Emergency Room Errors Attorney
Licensed medical professionals have a legal duty to ensure that you receive proper medical diagnosis and treatment for injury and disease. Hospitals and medical clinics share in that responsibility. Mistakes such as errors in medical charts, improper medication, infection and dehydration are often the result of hospital policies and procedures that put more emphasis on cost savings and staffing needs than on patient care.
At Savage Law Firm, we know that most hospitals and nursing homes do everything they can to minimize risks; however, if you came out of the hospital worse than when you went in, you are entitled to fight for damages.
Hospital Errors Kill or Injure Thousands
- A national study concluded that over 90,000 deaths occur each year due to medical mistakes.
- Avoidable medical mistakes include misdiagnosis, delay in treatment, failure to exclude fatal or near-fatal conditions.
Differential Diagnosis Signs Are Ignored
- Physicians are trained to recognize and treat the most serious condition first.
- Failing to properly use this “differential diagnosis” can lead to catastrophic injury or death.
- Proper medical monitoring by nurses and hospital staff is important to reach a proper “differential diagnosis.”
Delay or Misdiagnosis Errors Are Costly
- Conditions such as an abdominal aortic aneurysm or stroke require immediate attention.
If you suffered an injury or worsened medical condition because of hospital negligence, you will face stiff opposition to your claim. Hospitals rely on experienced insurance defense lawyers to protect themselves from liability.
Free Consultation ▪ No Attorney Fees Unless You Recover Damages
The Savage Law Firm in Portland knows the issues involved and is ready to help you fight for fair compensation for your damages. We know that most hospitals and nursing homes do everything they can to minimize risks, but if you came out of the hospital worse than when you went in, you are entitled to fight for damages.
We have experience successfully representing clients injured because of doctor, nurse or hospital liability, such as:
- Medication errors
- Surgical errors, retained surgical equipment
- Premature discharge
- Unsafe floors, slip and fall accidents
- Malnutrition and dehydration
VA and Government Hospitals
Hospitals operated by government entities, such as the VA, have a deadline requirement for filing a lawsuit against them. Depending upon the nature of your injury and claim, your attorney may have only a few weeks or months to file an intent to claim form. It is important not to miss this deadline, or you may forfeit your right to sue forever.
Medical Malpractice Attorney Bill Savage is AV®-rated* under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system.
Call us at 503-222-0200 or contact our offices in Portland to schedule a free consultation. We have the experience and connections to technical and medical specialists to investigate and prepare a strong case for damages.
* CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.