Portland Texting While Driving Accident Lawyers
Texting while driving is a significant problem that reportedly plays a role in causing about 23 percent of all car crashes – or about 1.6 million traffic accidents each year – in the U.S., according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). The reason that texting while driving is so dangerous is that it takes drivers’ eyes off of the road for 5 seconds or more at a time, and this can be just enough time for drivers to miss important driving cues, like the brake lights of other vehicles, yellow lights at intersections, railroad crossing indicators etc.
At the Savage Law Firm, our Portland texting while driving accident lawyers are effective at helping accident survivors prove when this type of negligence has caused an accident, and we are skilled at defending our clients’ rights to compensation in these cases. We know that texting while driving accidents can have devastating results and that holding the negligent drivers accountable for their reckless choices is key to getting accident victims the justice they need and the compensation they deserve.
Texting While Driving Accident Statistics
The following texting while driving accident statistics elucidate how often this form of distracted driving occurs and how serious of a problem it can be. These statistics have been presented by the NHTSA, as well as the National Safety Council, the Institute for Highway Safety and other trusted sources.
Texting while driving:
- Results in the deaths of 11 teenagers in the U.S. every day and is the primary distraction among teen drivers.
- Causes about 330,000 traffic accident injuries each year.
- Is approximately 6 times more likely to cause a motor vehicle accident than drunk driving.
- Can be as dangerous and risky as driving after having consumed 4 beers or cocktails.
- Slows down drivers braking reaction times by as much as 18 percent.
- Is being done by about 800,000 U.S. motorists at any given time day or night.
What is possibly just as shocking as some of these texting while driving accident statistics is the fact that these accidents are entirely preventable if drivers put down their cellphones and focus on the roadways when they are behind the wheel of their vehicles.
The Experienced Portland Texting While Driving Accident Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
For more than 30 years, the attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been devoted to providing each of our clients with personal attention, respect and the highest quality legal services.
We are here to aggressively defend injured people’s rights to both justice and compensation and are dedicated to:
- Building our clients the strongest possible cases
- Being accessible to and honest with our clients at every stage of their case
- Working relentlessly to help them obtain the best possible outcomes to their cases.
Contact Us for More Information about Your Rights
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by traffic accidents is one of our primary goals. Our Portland texting while driving accident attorneys welcome you to learn more about your rights and case by setting up a free initial consult. We represent clients in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.
You can learn more about our legal services and receive a free professional case evaluation by calling us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland). You can also email us using the form on this page.