Portland Attorney For Rear End Collision Accidents
Rear-end collisions are an all-too-common occurrence on U.S. roadways, particularly for drivers who commute during rush hour and regularly drive in busy cities. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that about 28 percent of all motor vehicle accidents are rear-end collisions. While many of these types of accidents can be relatively minor, in some cases, they can result in serious damage to both the motorists and their vehicles.
When the negligence or recklessness of another driver – or of any party – has contributed to rear-end collisions, the attorneys at the Savage Law Firm are here to:
- Help accident victims hold the negligent parties responsible
- Fight for their rights to compensation for their injuries and losses
- Help them resolve their cases as efficiently and favorably as possible.
When Rear-End Accident Collisions Are Caused by Negligence…
Specific examples of the negligence that often plays a role in causing rear-end collisions include (but are not limited to):
- Drunk driving – When drivers are intoxicated with alcohol and/or drugs, they are less likely to be able to identify and properly respond to the changing conditions of traffic. At places like intersections, such delayed reactions commonly contribute to rear-end collisions.
- Distracted or fatigued driving – Like drunk driving, distracted and/or fatigued driving can slow down drivers’ reaction times and impair their abilities to recognize important visual driving cues, increasing the risk of rear-end collisions.
- Aggressive driving or illegal driving maneuvers – When motorists drive aggressively (like, for instance, when they tailgate other drivers) or when they violate traffic laws (like, for example, when they cut off other drivers or fail to use their indicators before changing lanes), rear-end accidents are far more likely to occur.
Additionally, factors that can be associated with the negligence that may contribute to rear-end collisions can include malfunctioning signals, lack of signage regarding lane mergers, etc.
Portland Rear-End Collision Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
For more than three decades, the attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been committed to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services. We realize how devastating a personal injury can be on a physical, as well as a psychological and financial, level, and our lawyers are here to advocate injured people’s rights to both justice and compensation.
While this means that our Portland rear-end collision lawyers will work diligently to help our clients tell their stories in court, it also means that our attorneys and dedicated staff will vigorously stand up to insurers and others outside of the courtroom to ensure that our clients are able to obtain the settlements they deserve.
Contact Us Today
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by motor vehicle accidents is one of our primary goals. Our attorneys invite you to learn more about your rights and case by setting up a free initial consult. We represent clients in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200. You can also email us using the form on this page.