Portland Uninsured And Underinsured Motorist Claims Attorneys
Although Oregon laws require all drivers to have car insurance, many drivers choose not to pay for this type of coverage. In fact, the Insurance Research Council (IRC) has estimated that about 1 in every 10 motorists in Oregon is uninsured, with far more drivers being underinsured. While one of the main reasons the IRC has cited for this steadily growing number of uninsured and underinsured motorists is the slow economic recovery, drivers who are uninsured or underinsured tend to primarily attribute their lack of car insurance to factors like the high cost of premiums.
Regardless of the specific reason that drivers may choose to not have car insurance coverage, the fact is that, when uninsured or underinsured motorists get into accidents:
- Other drivers can generally obtain compensation for things like medical expenses and car repair bills by turning to their own insurance company (as long as they have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage).
- Submitting uninsured or underinsured motorist claims will not affect these drivers’ premiums.
- In many cases, insurers will try to avoid paying injured drivers the full amount of these claims, as insurers are out to protect their profits – not accident victims.
- The Portland uninsured and underinsured motorist claims attorneys at the Savage Law Firm are here for injured drivers in these cases, and we will work relentlessly to help injured people obtain the full amount of the settlements to which they are entitled.
Standing up to Insurers for Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
Unfortunately, drivers cannot count on their insurance companies to have their backs and do the right thing when they have submitted uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. Some of the specific ways in which insurance company agents may try to undervalue or avoid paying these types of accident claims include by attempting to argue that policyholders:
- Did not have active polices or uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage at the time of the collision when, in fact, motorists have been paying for this coverage
- Caused the accident when, in fact, they did not
- Are only entitled to a portion of the payout they expect because, for instance, insurers try to claim that their injuries or the damage to their vehicles is not as severe as it actually is.
Additionally, some insurers are notorious for trying to prolong accident investigations in order to try to make policyholders desperate enough to accept settlements that are less than what they deserve.
Portland Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Since 1977, the attorneys at the Savage Law Firm have been devoted to fighting for accident survivors’ rights, standing up to insurers and providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services.
We realize how devastating a personal injury can be on a physical, as well as a psychological and financial, level, and our lawyers are here to aggressively defend injured people’s rights to both justice and compensation.
Contact Us Today
Our Portland accident attorneys encourage you to attend a free, no obligations initial consult to learn more about your rights and case. We represent clients in Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page.