Medication Errors and Medical Negligence: 6 Facts You Should Know (Pt. 3)
September 17, 2014
Here is the conclusion to our blog series Medication Errors and Medical Negligence: 6 Facts You Should Know.
Fact 5 – Medical professionals’ vigilance and the use of some technology could significantly reduce the incidence of medication errors in the U.S.
Given how prevalent and dangerous medication errors are in the U.S., many researchers and medical professionals have worked hard to determine what can be done to reduce these errors, improve patient care and ultimately save more patients’ lives. In general, the two main factors that can play a critical role in reducing medication errors, according to the current general consensus in the medical industry, are the improved vigilance of medical professionals and the more wide-spread use of technology to monitor the process of administering medications.
More specifically, a focus on improving the following issues may end up having substantial impacts on reducing medication errors in the U.S. (according to the Institute for Safe Medication Practices):
- Better information about patients’ medical histories, particularly in the diagnostic process
- Clearer, easier to understand information about medications, especially when it pertains to the info on drug labels and packaging
- Better communication between medical professionals and patients
- Better training and education for medical professionals who prescribe, administer and/or distribute medications to patients
- Better quality-control processes and risk management strategies to deal with potential medication errors.
Fact 6 – After being injured by medication errors, people can turn to the Portland medical malpractice attorneys at the Savage Law Firm.
While all of the previously discussed facts about medications errors in the U.S. are eye-opening and illuminating, the most important fact that people should know about medication errors is that, if or when they occur and result in injuries to patients, people can rely on the Portland medical malpractice lawyers at the Savage Law Firm to:
- Determine if or how medical negligence and malpractice may have contributed to these errors
- Advocate their rights and hold the negligence medical professionals’ responsible
- Help them obtain the compensation they likely deserve.
Portland Medical Malpractice Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm: We Are Here for You
Have you been injured due to medication errors that may have been caused by medical negligence? If so, it’s time to contact the Portland medical malpractice attorneys at the Savage Law Firm.
Our team of trusted lawyers has been successfully resolving various types of malpractice cases over the past three decades, and we are ready to put our experience, legal knowledge and resources to work for you. When you choose to move forward with our Portland medical malpractice attorneys you can be confident that you will receive the highest quality legal services and that your case will be resolved as favorably and efficiently as possible.
Contact Our Portland Medical Negligence Lawyers Today
Helping you recover from the financial setbacks caused by medical negligence and malpractice is one of our primary goals. Our Portland malpractice attorneys encourage you to learn more about your rights and case by setting up a free initial consult.
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page.
We represent clients in communities in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.