Do You Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
June 1, 2013
It is estimated that there are over six million car accidents in the United States each year. This is a mind-boggling number from any perspective. When you consider the physical injuries and life-altering changes involved in many of these accidents, it definitely clarifies the importance of having strong legal representation from a personal injury attorney.
Savage Law Firm wants to ensure that each client involved in a devastating car accident receives a fair and just financial settlement.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident Resulting in Personal Injury
We strongly recommend that you do the following immediately after an accident:
- Seek immediate medical attention
- Ask to be transported to a hospital via an emergency vehicle
- File an accident report with the police to document what occurred to cause the accident
- Obtain all identifying information from the other driver, including insurance information
- Make sure that someone has taken pictures of the scene and of your vehicle
- Do not discuss the accident with any insurance company representative without the legal advice of your attorney
Determining Fault in a Car Accident
Numerous entities, including the driver at fault, may bear responsibility in a serious car accident, and these may include:
- Additional owners of the vehicle such as an employer, or parents of a driver younger than 18 years of age.
- A bar or restaurant that provided alcohol in a DUI accident.
- City or State government entities failing to provide safe roadway conditions.
There are often many factors to be considered if you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a car accident.
Contact a car accident attorney at Savage Law Firm in Portland if you need a personal injury attorney who will fight for your rights to ensure that you receive a fair and just financial settlement.