Dealing with Insurers after Car Accidents: 6 Tips (Pt. 3)
March 11, 2015
Ending our blog series Dealing with Insurers after Car Accidents: 6 Tips, below are some more helpful tips to keep in mind whenever you may need to work with insurance companies after traffic accidents.
A Few More Tips for Dealing with Insurers after Car Accidents
Tip #5 – Keep all correspondence your insurer sends you regarding your auto accident claim.
Just as keeping a detailed communications log for your discussions with insurance companies can be important to successfully dealing with insurers after car accidents, so too can be retaining copies of everything insurers send you regarding your claim. In particular, as your claim proceeds and your insurer sends you emails, snail mail and/or other correspondence:
- Keep a copy of each item you receive in a safe place.
- Consider scanning each document so you have an electronic copy of it (as a backup).
- Retain this documentation with your communications log so you have your own solid records regarding the progress/status of your claim.
Having such correspondence in your possession can be essential if, at any point down the line, insurers try to:
- Deny having sent you certain documents or items
- Alter previous statements they have made to you
- Ultimately undervalue or wrongfully deny your valid claim.
Tip #6 – Know when to get professional help dealing with insurers after car accidents.
The single best tip to keep in mind when dealing with insurers after car accidents is this one: getting professional help for dealing with insurers after car accidents can be crucial to the success of your claim and your financial recovery.
The bottom line regarding dealing with insurers after car accidents is that:
- There can be various tactics insurance companies may use to try to reduce the amount of the payouts to which you may be entitled.
- You may not even realize when insurers may be trying to pull a fast one on you.
- Having a trusted car accident lawyer – like a Portland car accident attorney at the Savage Law Firm – on your side will be essential to fully protecting your rights and interests and to helping you secure the compensation you need and deserve after traffic accidents.
Portland Car Accident Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Do you need help with your financial recovery after a car accident? If so, you can rely on the Portland car accident attorneys at the Savage Law Firm for experienced help and aggressive legal advocacy. Since 1977, our lawyers have been devoted to:
- Providing each of our clients with personal attention, respect and the highest quality legal services
- Helping them recover from the financial setbacks caused by traffic accidents.
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page. We represent clients in communities in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.