Birth Injury Lawsuits: FAQs (Pt. 3)
September 28, 2014
Wrapping up our blog series Birth Injury Lawsuits: FAQs, here are some more answers to commonly asked questions about birth injury cases. Don’t hesitate to call the Savage Law Firm when you are ready to get more specific answers about your birth injury case.
Q – Who will be held liable for my child’s birth injury?
A – It will depend on the specifics of your case, who was involved and the roles that each medical professional may have played. Generally, however, the following parties may be sued (i.e., named as defendants in birth injury cases):
- OBGYNs responsible for a woman’s care during her pregnancy and through the labor and delivery process
- Hospital nurses or other support staff who are responsible for monitoring a woman’s and baby’s care during their stay in the facility
- Hospital anesthesiologists who administered the epidural and are responsible for monitoring mothers’ and babies’ condition after providing this drug
- The hospital itself if or when the negligence of its staff has contributed to the birth injuries of newborns.
Q – What else should I know before moving forward with a birth injury case?
A – In addition to all of the information we’ve discussed so far regarding birth injury cases, some of the things we haven’t yet pointed out but that can be important for people to know are that:
- These cases tend to be complicated. Between establishing the nature and severity of the birth injury and proving the medical negligence that caused the injury, there can be a lot to these cases.
- These cases can take a while to resolve, particularly when hospital liability may be an issue and hospital lawyers (and insurers) are involved in the case.
Q – What do I need to do to get my case started?
A – Contact us today. Once we meet to discuss your claim, we can get your case started at no upfront cost to you. We have the experience, skills and resources you can rely on to successfully resolve your birth injury case so that you and your family have the financial support you need to treat your child’s injuries and move on with your life.
Portland Birth Injury Lawyers at the Savage Law Firm
Is your child living with the impacts of a serious birth injury? If so, it’s time to contact the experienced Portland birth injury lawyers at the Savage Law Firm. For more than 30 years, our trusted attorneys have been devoted to providing each of our clients with the highest quality legal services.
When you trust us to oversee your birth injury case, you can rely on the facts that we will build you the strongest possible cases and that we will work tirelessly to help you obtain the best possible outcomes.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our legal services and what we can do for you, call us at 503-222-0200 (in Portland) or at 206-957-7272 (in Seattle). You can also email us using the form on this page.
We represent clients in communities in both Oregon and Washington from our offices in Portland and Seattle.