Beaverton Personal Injury Attorneys
Beaverton is a city in Washington County, in the U.S. state of Oregon. The city center is 7 miles (11 km) west of downtown Portland in the Tualatin River Valley. As of the 2010 census, the population is 89,803. This makes it the second-largest city in the county and Oregon’s sixth-largest city. Fire protection and EMS services are provided through Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue.
In 2010, Beaverton was named by Money magazine as one of the 100 “best places to live”, among smaller cities, in the country. Along with Hillsboro, Beaverton is one of the economic centers for Washington County, home to numerous corporations in a variety of industries.
The Oregon Department of Transportation recently released the accident statistics for 2010, including car accidents, motorcyclists, bicyclists, etc. These statistics can help us understand the causes of accidents, the dangers of driving, and how to prevent injuries.
- There were 317 deaths in 292 fatal accidents (11.78% decline in crashes, and 15.92% decline in deaths from 2009).
- There were 30,493 people injured in 20,879 accidents (increase of 9.58% in accidents, and 8.31% in injuries over 2009)
- There were 22,923 property-only accidents (increase of 4.73% over 2009).
- There were 210 accidents involving bicycles, tricycles, unicycles, and pedal cars.
- There 792 pedestrians injured (20% increase over 2010).
- 148 school buses were involved in collisions.
- There were 1,711 accidents involved trucks.
- There were 849 accidents involving motorcycles.
- 8,165 traffic accidents in 2010 involved a driver between 15-20.
- In car accidents, 171 drivers died and 77 passengers died.
- 62 pedestrians died
- 7 cyclists died
- Almost 25% of those injured in accidents were children between 0 and 14.
- 36% of non-fatal traffic accidents were rear-end collisions.
- The most dangerous time to be driving in Oregon is between 5pm and 6pm on Fridays in December.
Unfortunately, many people are injured in accidents that they have not caused and this means they are eligible to receive compensation for their injuries. If you have been injured in an Eugene, Oregon accident, call the Portland car accident attorneys to make sure that the at-fault driver’s insurance covers your medical bills, lost wages, and property damages.